BBESL in conjunction with Jones Bros, were contracted by SSE Renewables, to undertake the construction of a 54-turbine extension to the Clyde wind farm spanning a 40 km stretch between Biggar, Abington and Moffat in the south of Scotland. There were a number of challenges put to us which included requirements for Site Security, Cleaning, Manning of the Gatehouse, Time and Attendance reporting for all staff and subcontractors
- Installation of a High End CCTV system
- Used in conjunction with 24 hour guards on both sides of the wind farm
- Acting as representatives for SSE by welcoming visits to the site, carrying out basic inductions
- Installed a networked Biometric (fingerprint reader) system to provide accurate time and attendance data
- Provided a cleaning service that could manage the compounds both sides of the wind farm
- This also spanned the 40km dirt track for which a 4×4 vehicle was specifically procured to allow our cleaning operative the ability to traverse the challenging terrain without issue.